With all of the available platforms for marketing your business, it can be a bit overwhelming to pick and choose which platforms you should be spending your time and money on. While a lot of those decisions depend on your business and marketing goals, there are some “not so secret” weapons you could really benefit from, no matter your product or services. Enter in the Google My Business platform, or GMB for short (recently rebranded as Google Business Profile).
Food for Thought on Utilizing GMB (now Google Business Profile)
Unlike ads on Facebook and Instagram, Google My Business is a FREE web tool designed to help local businesses appear higher on relevant Google searches. How many times have you been traveling and typed in a quick Google search for “restaurants near me”? You’re immediately flooded with some amazing food choices, offering everything from fast food to fine dining options in your area. That’s how Google My Business/Google Business Profile works to showcase the options available to the user. The trick is rating high enough that the user doesn’t spend too much time scrolling through your competitors before they find you.
Get Included in the Google Local Pack
The Google Local Pack listing includes the three highest-ranking companies that fit within the search criteria a user inputs into the Google search bar. This is where you want to rank so that your business is one of the first results a customer sees when searching for a product or service that you offer.
How Can You Boost Your GMB / Google Business Profile Ranking?
- Do your research and check out the competition to see what they are doing to rank well in your area.
- Keep your information up to date. Are you closed on holidays? Make sure that’s reflected in your profile. Check that the products and services listed for your business are correct.
- Create posts when you have a special offer, or when you have something you’d like to promote – it’s basically free advertising.
- Encourage your customers to leave reviews, and when they do, make sure to respond whether it’s positive or negative.
- And finally, the most important tool when it comes to ranking high on any Google platform – work your SEO. If you haven’t already, add high-ranking keywords, including location and product-specific keywords to your web pages.
Are you ready to start using Google My Business to its full potential? At The Get Smart Group, you’ll find a whole team of innovative marketing experts who love to see their clients at the top of their Google game. Contact us today and see what we can do for you.